- Caravan leaf spring are an important component of a caravan/trailer/float and replacing them shouldn't be the mammoth task that it looks like. Leaf springs are connected to the caravan via brackets welded to the chassis called “hangers”.
- The basic aim of any suspension design is:
- to absorb the impact of the bump, and minimise force transferred to the caravan/trailer/float body itself
- to effectively dampen the springs natural frequency, so that the natural motion of the spring is not transferred to caravan/trailer/float body during rebound
- to minimize unsprung mass, or the mass of the components not supported by the springs (e.g. axles, suspension arms, wheels, tyres, bearings…etc.)